Friday, July 31, 2009

Whirlwind Trip

We came, we saw, we left. We had a great time at the beach....I cant believe we are already back....so sum up the rest of the trip (sorry, there are ALOT of pictures)

We headed out to Salty Dog Cafe Tuesday night....and when we walked up, "Jake the Salty Dog" was out in front the restaurant! The kids got to high five him and stand in for a photo op...we even got to check it out online!

Instead of waiting to eat at the actual Cafe we settled for "Jake's pizza"...the kids ate pizza and mom and I shared some wings.....good eatin'.



We headed over to the Salty dog store to pick out shirts (we get a new one every year) and check out the birds. The kids loved them, as usual.

We then headed over to Harbor Town, right in time for sunset.
Climbed to to the top of the light house...Alex walked all flights of stairs except for 2.
Looking at the boats
Sunset from the lighthouse
Checking out the boats



Alex's favorite boat....fishing poles! We got to watch them pull in. Alex was amazed
Mad favorite boat....probably a 2 million dollar yacht.
Harbor Town playground. Mad's favorite treehouse.




Sadly....I was an idiot and wore my most coveted pair of Ray-ban sunglasses into the water with the kids. The water was rough because of the storm blowing in and before I knew it....My beloved sunglasses became a part of the Atlantic. I miss them dearly. I ended up sporting Alex's Thomas the Train shades the rest of the day on the beach....be jealous.

Our last night we took a walk....fun times



Mom and the kiddos


I love this face

On our 'walk' Alex decided to take a 'break'. Mom and I both knew it was coming. He sat there for a while....and just watched the ocean. He LOVES the ocean. I think hes going be a fisherman!"mother Madison" explaining to him that we are on a 'walk' and we need to keep our clothes dry.


Sunset


I'm glad the kids got to see the ocean again this year. I just wish it wasn't such a short trip. They are already ready to go back next year....
I'm sending them off for w whole week with their dad today. Chad and I are headed to Sandestin for a kid free vacation. It will be nice to not have to make people lunch, or brush teeth, to wake up at 7 am, or wipe butts, break up fights, etc. But I sure will miss those stinkers. I hope they have a fun(and safe) week with their dad. Ive never been apart from them for more than 4 days. We will see how 7 days goes. When Chad and I get back we are taking the kids out on Chads boat on the Lake for 2 days. They are pumped. I just hope we have good weather.

0 comments: