Thursday, July 2, 2009

Bummer

Alex and I visited his ENT on Wednesday (minus Mad) for what seems like the 17th time this year. They tested his hearing and he now has a moderate hearing loss. He can hear you....if your loud. Although I'm pretty sure he can hear if you are quiet too....but everything else has to be quiet as well. I sat with him in that sound proof room....and listened to noises that he just did NOT hear. It broke my heart a little that something as simple as hearing a technician say "Alllllleeex" could not be heard by Alex. Poor kid. But were gonna fix it. I hope, and pray.


He will be getting another set of tubes put in and his adenoids taken out...this should help with the amount of fluid buildup that is causing this 'moderate' hearing loss. Also...he no longer has holes in his eardrums. Awesome.
He's always in good spirits though, except when he cant understand you. The kids a trooper. Between his ears and Lymph Nodes he's had more surgeries in his 3 1/2 little years of life than I have in almost 29 ( I say almost because I can still say I'm 28 for a few more days). I'm so glad hes a trooper.
Also, Mad will be getting some dental work done this upcoming Monday. She needs sealant on the top and fillings on the bottom. However the fillings aren't for cavities...they are to prevent cavities because leave it to MY kid to have crazy grooves in her back molars that are super susceptible to cavities...so its a preventative thing. Laughing gas will be given. I'm wondering if the dramatics are going to be kept to a minimum. I keep telling her that having the dentist work on your teeth feels a whole lot better than getting the tip of your finger sewn back on, which she has already conquered. SO she should be a-ok with a little filling or 2. Lets keep our fingers crossed.


...and Happy fourth. Mine was completely kid free. Last year I had them for half of the day. I havent seen them since Thursday morning. I miss them. Its was weird. But my night was made when she called to tell me all about the fire works, and that it was dark outside and she still had on her bathing suit (she thought that was super cool). Alex told me he wanted to come home and give me 'sweet kisses'. Holidays are different, but I think its a good different. I hope it is...and in the long run I know it is. I will adjust. Ill be glad to see the kids tomorrow. Its been a long 4 day weekend. I'm ready for my 'sweet kisses!'

0 comments: