Monday, July 13, 2009

New man

Surgery went well. He did great. After surgery he had a little trouble breathing, so they kept him there for 2 hours to monitor him. By 12 pm we were in the car and on our way to chick-fil-a....A was HUNGRY! Hopefully this will clear up his hearing problem...the doctor said his adenoids were blocking 75% of his nasal passage. YIKES! Yes, I have turned into the mom who take pictures of her kid before, and after, surgery.

He thought the "stickers" on his chest were really cool.
By now he was ready to go home, too bad he hadn't even gone back yet.
Post waking up...pretty high on drugs at this point. He kept saying there was something on his face.
I think the meds were starting to wear off. Either that or he was over me taking his picture. I'm sure it was a combination of the both.
Ready to go home!...turns out I didn't have to go by myself. His dad surprised us all and called at 7 am this morning asking which way to go off 85. Alex really enjoyed him being there. I cant say the same for myself. We were those parents who sat on opposite ends of the waiting room while their child was in surgery. I really wish he could be civil...but at least he showed up for the surgery.
Mad had a great first day at camp...we actually got to spend the afternoon together while Alex rested at Noni's (thanks mom!). Pics will be in the nest post, I gotta get some grub for these kids! I'm glad to have A home...hopefully the hearing will improve. For now, were gonna watch toy story :)

0 comments: