Monday, July 13, 2009

Girl time

Today after Alex's surgery I dropped him at my moms to go pick up Mad from Camp. It's a big deal for me to pick up Mad WITHOUT Alex..he's always with me. Since he goes to the preschool I work in I pretty much have him ALL of the time. Lately (and Chad brought to my attention as well) Ive been feeling that Mad might be feeling a little 'neglected'. With Alex's doctors appointments and him always being with me I sometimes (because shes 6) let Mad fend for herself. Shes a pretty independent kid and if you give her a few barbies or littlest pet shop animals, shes in her room for hours.
We really cant get it together to take a pick together. Like mother like daughter.

Today though, she got a little QT with mom. After Alex's surgery, we stopped by chick-fil-a and picked up some nuggets. I dropped him off at my moms and headed to the preschool to pick Madison up from Camp. She was beside herself that I walked in to get her, as opposed to carpool. We hopped in the car and headed to the store to drop off Alex's scripts and pick out some toys. Madison got a toy because she was SUPER brave last night and spent the night at Noni's during a crazy thunderstorm so mommy could wake up and take Alex to the doctor this morning. Alex got a toy for being so brave during his surgery today. The prizes of the day? Mad picked a barbie (go figure) and we picked out a transformer and another set of Lego's for Alex. After picking up Alex ear drops and pain meds we headed to chick-fil-a (yes I'm aware, two trips in one day isn't healthy...Truitt Cathy has all of my money). After getting to ice dream cones we headed to peachtree dekalb airport aka pdk aka 'the airport plane park' (Alex's term). We ate ice cream, watched the planes, swung, climbed trees...just plain hung out....which is something Mad and I don't get alot of time to do. It was so much fun, shes such a riot....and a little person! Not that Ive never known this about her but her personality really comes out when I'm alone with her. Shes makes me happy...and I'm making it a point from now on to spend a little more QT with my little girl before she is so little anymore. I love you Mad! oh....6 year olds...

Love her

Watching the planes take off and land
You know you love her shoes...hot pink converse????heck yes.
swingin'

Tree Hugger

My favorite girl in the whole wide world....the universe....even to infinity and back.

0 comments: