Thursday, August 27, 2009

sprays, trains and scooby doo!

Saturday we woke up and decided to have an adventure. I told the kids to get in the car and I had a day of surprises for them. After visiting our buddy Chad at Rafferty's we drove over to the new 'sprayground' in Roswell. The kids had a blast, despite the clouds in the distance. We got a good hour or so of play in before we called it quits..

Excited... He 'fought' the water for a good 5 minutes

Mad loved it
Leave it to Alex to find something that makes him look like hes going potty. Such a boy.
Check the gnarly clouds....didn't stop them though!
Calling it quits, Alex was FREEZING!
Since we were in Roswell we stopped at the North Springs Marta station and rode the train into Atlanta. Alex was completely beside himself. Although hes growing up he still loves all things train.

Our Destination....CNN center. Now all day I had been telling both Mad and Alex I had a HUGE surprise for them. Well, we get off the train in downtown Atlanta and were completely surrounded by girls from ages 5 to 15 sporting Jonas Brothers Apparel, and screaming!!! CRAP!!! The Jonas Brothers are in town! Mad immediately, and when I say immediately I mean IMMEDIATELY got to telling me how I was the absolute BEST mom in the world for surprising her by bringing her to see the Jonas Brothers.
uhhhhhh....
me:"Actually Mad, lets weave our way through all of these people at Phillips Arena and make our way into the food Court of the CNN Center....oh there he is! Scooby Doo and the Mystery Machine!"
mad:"you mean the surprise isn't the Jonas Brothers???"
me: "No Mad, just scooby doo (DANGIT!!!!I'm an IDIOT!!! Why didn't I research better! what a great fun day to be spoiled by the Jonas brothers!! Shell never forgive me!)
Mad: "AWESOME!!! I love Scooby Doo!!!!"
phew.
so we met Scooby. got a free pic and some free Scooby schwag. and ran into one of Mad's friends and her little brother. ate dinner. waited 20 minutes (with all the Jonas bro kids) to go to the bathroom and headed home. oh wait.....we rode the train. CRAP.
SO we got back on the Marta train and headed all the way back to Roswell. Alex was still stoked to be on the train
Mad, not so much. She was ready to be home. One tired kiddo.
But we sure do love riding Marta..................................in the daylight.
See the free scooby shirt? Did I mention free? We also got cool cups that change colors when you put Ice in them. Ill scan the FREE scooby picture tomorrow and put it up. We made it to the Tahoe and piled in....we then proceeded to drive BACK down 400 into Atlanta. My planning wasnt so great....but the kids had an awesome day and slept like logs when we got home. I hope I got cool mom points.
Cost of the whole day? (excluding gas)
Visiting Chad=free
Spray ground=free
Marta= $7
Meeting scooby= free
free stuff=free
food at the CNN center with the Washburn Fam = $13
grand total=$20. Well worth it. Who needs Jonas Brothers when you have scooby doo??? In your face Jonas Brothers!

0 comments: