Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fun Run

Mad's school participated in a different kind of fundraiser for the fall 'semester' I guess you would call it. we usually do Sally Foster like every other school in the country....This year they took on a new fundraiser called the Boosterthon. You can read more about it here, http://www.funrun.com/. Madison ran 29 laps, and raised a total of $221.50. 29 laps was just shy of 2 miles....GO MAD! She had alot of fun and thanks to those who gave up the dollars to help her raise money. We really appreciate it. They are actually still accepting pledges until this Wednesday so if deep down inside of you, you want to donate 5 or 10 dollars to Mad...have at it. Email me and Ill tell you her 'code'.

Alex and one of his many girlfriends at the fun run
Mad was at front of the line....pumped and ready to go. Headband...check. Wristband...check. t-shirt...check.
Thumbs up for the Fun Run

And shes off!

Finished....Alex walked to cool down lap with her.
Mad and one of her "BFF's"
And this has absolutely nothing to do with the fun run....but its one of the reasons why I LOVE Goodwill. They have cheap shirts that my kids can mess up and I wont think "Jeez I paid $10 for that and now its ruined"....(yes, I have OCD and I do that)...But this was a really great find. Ill just be sad for the day they grow out of them. Who wants dibs??? you know you want them.

1 comments:

Kim Lockhart said...

the lockharts call first shot at those shirts and by the way your kid cracks me up! I want her to run my next race with me. I promise to get our donation out tomorrow!