Sunday, July 11, 2010

Saturday in Snellville with the Shaws

I had to get the kids out of the house Saturday. We go to the pool everyday and quite frankly, I get burnt out on it. Saturday I started scrambling. Zoo? Aquarium? Fernbank? Yellow River Game ranch cheap? Yes, well take that. So I called Katrina (A's old teacher/my friend) to see if she and Nya (A's friend/my old student) wanted to join us. Hook Line and Sinker...we were off. The kids were stoked. And amazed that the deer walked right up to them for food. The Yellow river game ranch hasn't changed THAT much since the last time I was there...the biggest change? No water. Seriously. I remember as a kid water flowing through that place. These days, its dry. The geese display....shut down. The bunnies....barren. But the kids didn't notice at all. Crazy 4 year olds. No really. CRAZY.

Mad and her mini-me.
The kids thought the donkey's lips flapping for the carrots was HILARIOUS.
Amazed by the HUGE Buffalo


After Yellow River game ranch we headed over to the Library in Snellville to see Skippy John Jones...it was a great break from the heat, and much need quiet time to sit and listen to a story.
Ginormous Siamese Cat....Mad=enthused. Alex=wanted nothing to do with it. Hes so my kid.

I love these 3 together. Nya's like my extended third child, the little sister Madison has always wanted.

We finished up with day with a visit to Petco to see the dogs up for adoption, Steak and Shake, and a trip to the pool until 10pm. Needless to say, the rugrats slept well last night.

0 comments: