Thursday, July 8, 2010

the big 3-0

This is what I woke up to this morning. In fact Madison's exact words were "YOU'RE 30 MOM!" while Alex just gave me a simple hug and said the normal "Happy birthday mommy". To say they were excited it was my birthday was an understatement. I can so tell I'm 30. Look at the wrinkles on my forehead. Botox here I come. That's acceptable at 30 isn't it?

aggggh, Im 30...yes, I realize I'm a late bloomer and all of my highschool friends have been turning 30 since last September. Yes I realize 30 isn't THAT bad and Ive been told to "embrace it", "thirties are by far better than your 20's". I guess I have no choice than to give it a try...Ive been thrown to the wolves. Ill follow in some of my friends footsteps and list 30 about me's/things I'm grateful for/quirks/whatever. Everyone has a different variation of their own. Time for the Jess Vorsatz Hamby version.
1. I love my kids.
2. I would do absolutely anything for them.
3. they drive me crazy
4. I cant imagine what my life would be without them
5. I'm alot farther in life at 30 than I thought I would be, but more behind than I would be at the same time.
6. I seem to do things backwards.
7. I have a great core group of girlfriends.
8. Sometimes I go 6 months without physically talking to my friends,but we can pick up the conversation like its only been a day.
9. One of my very best friends lives in Texas (shout out Britt!) and I talk to and see her more than I do friends who live 15 minutes away.
10. I'm horrible at returning phone calls. horrible. unless your chad, or my mom. or the pediatrician.
11. Ive only had 4 jobs in my lifetime
12. I lived in the same house from the time I was born until I was 18.
13. In the past 3 years my kids and I have lived in 3 houses...soon to be 4. 4's a good number to stop.
14. I strive to be a better mom every day
15. I got an A in statistics at the age of 29. This was huge for me, I suck at math, badly.
16. I love college...now that I'm older. I despised it when I was younger.
17. I hope to have a great legacy one day.
18. I hate cats. seriously. HATE.
19. Most of my best friends have all come from Young Harris. I have a few from highschool that i keep in good touch with...but the best of them come from my college years.
20. Most people still call me Vorsatz, its a name that'll stick forever.
21. I miss playing soccer, and wish I had listened and chosen to continue with it in college.
22. I also miss competitively swimming, along with the great shape it kept my body in.
23. I cant wait to graduate, so I can go back for more school.
24. I still religiously keep in touch with my best guy friend from highschool
25. I should run more than I do
26. I'm notorious for my facial expressions
27. Everyone says Mad's a spitting image of me, I don't see it. She apparently shares my facial expression trait. poor child.
28. I love that I grew up in Atlanta, just because I can say that I did.
29. I'm hilarious, ask anyone.
30. I'm offcially 30. old BAG! YIKES!

2 comments:

Kim Lockhart said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!

April said...

love you girl. i think we share the facial trait thing. i've always been told that! hope to see you soon. happy birthday.