Mads school party just happened to land on her birthday. Ice Cream snowballs were eaten, ornaments were made and happy birthday was sung....Happy birthday my sweet girl!

Chad came down for the night for the reveal of Mads "big Surprise". Ill preface this by saying Madison has asked for 2 things for her birthday/Christmas. 1. a horse or pony 2. a baby sister. The baby sister was taken care of by me...AKA a "fancy Nancy" doll who is fitting right in with the Hamby fam. "Mission baby sister accomplished, lets face it...I have 2 kids and I'm good with them, no need to throw a 'for real' baby sister into the mix. "Mission I want a horse" accomplished as well. It started with a birthday dinner at Bambinellis topped off with Mads very own birthday cannoli (which she liked, and ate....which if you know my kid is super weird for her)

After Bambinelli's we headed
over to the "surprise that starts with a C" (we kept it a secret up until we got there)we only told her it started with a C. She was sure it was either the circus or a carnival). She waited patiently in the car until we started to get off on the 17th street exit....and then she figured it out once she saw the tents. "the horseys!!!"

She was speechless. SO excited and enjoyed every minute of the show, stayed on Chads lap and awake the entire time (they really are the best of buds).

...Alex on the other hand did well, but only managed to stay awake until about 20 minutes after intermission (10 pm). He slept through the standing ovation if that gives you a hint to how 'out' he really was.

Yes the lump I'm holding is Alex....very fitting

Home, finally....at 1130 pm. Id say it was a success! A big thanks to Chad for the present. As I put Mad into bed she curled up, looked at me and said "best birthday present..........EVER". My heart melted. That's worth more than anything in the world.

....I'm now frantically trying to plan a 'kid' birthday party for her over the break....I'm so ready for the maddness to stop. :) But am ready to enjoy a couple of weeks off of workwith my kids.
1 comments:
awesome! that brought tears to my eyes when she said it was the best present ever, good job Chad.
Post a Comment