This picture goes with the last post. Alex is on the table and ready for his first day at his new school...
Things have been nuts. And by nuts I mean crazy. The past 8 days have been a whirlwind.
Last Saturday Mad lost the top of her fingertip to a bathroom door at I-hop while getting some breakfast with her dad.
She's completely happy in this picture, because she just got about 20 stickers AND just finished eating a red Popsicle. You would ever be able to tell she just went through 30 minutes of 'mini-surgery' getting her fingertip sewn back on. 13 stitch's later she was all smiles. And ready to go home.
About an hour prior to getting the call that Mad was rushed to hospital with her fingertip in a cup, I had just wrapped up an interview at Shallowford Presbyterian Preschool. The week has been busy. I have continued Alex in his current daycare. I had a conference with the director about the crazy potty lady and last week was a TOTALLY different week. He seems to be adjusting, and liking it. The Crazy potty lady apologized and they aren't going to push the issue. When he ready he will be ready. And they love on him now...which is great to see. SO he is starting to adjust an like it. I started work this past week. It was all pre-planning but the kids come on Tuesday...Lord help me. I'm teaching a 3's class. So it will be a bunch of Alex's. YIKES. On top of working there I worked 3 shifts at Rafferty's and went to school Monday and Wednesday. Needless to say I felt like a 87 year old woman by friday afternoon.
And after what seemed like 9 million doctors appointments, Mad's pinky is in the healing process and we are waiting to see if the part that got sewn back on 'attaches'. Pray for that. I don't want anymore surgeries for her.
And Mad is a glutton for oatmeal cream pies. OCP's as she calls them. Alex calls them Uncle Neil Pies (my bro s name is Neil). The kids vocabulary is hilarious.
0 comments:
Post a Comment