Wednesday, August 17, 2011

5 classes, 2 kids, 1 job, 1 girl.

Ill tell you what. As i sit here and eat my dinner consisting of dry lucky charms, and a glass of water...Ill be truthful, I don't know how single moms who work real jobs (as in 9-5) do it.

Honestly. Not to sound boastful or full of myself but people (especially my 'mom' friends who have husbands who travel) constantly commend me for my hard work and due diligence as a single mom. "I don't know how you do it, he's only been gone for 2 days"...yadda yadda yadda. I do it because I have to. I do it because I am their provider. Yes I have Chad to help, but lets face it. The man works 60+ hours a week, and goes to school. Trying to catch Chad and the kids at home at the same time is like trying to catch a fly with chopsticks, Mr.Miagi style.

I live a fairly easy life. I go to school while my kids go to school. I work on the weekends when they are with my mom or with their dad. I have an amazing friend who is gracious enough to watch them for a minimal amount of money when I do work during the week. And Chad pitched in too when he isn't at work.

But Ive never had a day like today. I am slap wore out...and I have 16 weeks left of days like today.

6:30 AM. I'm up.
6:45 AM. The kids are up.
7:15 AM everyones fed, teeth are brushed, clothes are on, breakfast is consumed.
7:30 AM carpool/kisses
8:00 AM morning run
10:00 AM leave for school (because parking is HORRIBLE)
11:00-4:45...school...
due to traffic, I don't get my kids until 5:30
...we then don't get home until 6(because lets face it, picking up your kids from a friends house doesn't last 2.5 seconds, try 25 minutes)
6:05 and we are all home....and then I'm stuck with the realization...I have to cook??????? my day just got longer.

I need to train for this kind of stuff. Seriously.

At 8 PM I was dozing off in the kids beds with them. Who am I??? I don't do this!!!! I'm a night owl. So like I said before. Id like to high five all single moms who work regular jobs and don't walk in the door until after 6 PM with their kids. I never realized how lucky I was to get to be home with my kids every day after school for the past however many years.

I loathe the afternoon carpool line, no matter what time you get there it takes forever, and people are idiots and do crazy things like run over curbs and get in accidents but...I already miss the carpool line. Big shout out to Chad and Wendy for filling in as mom for the next 16 weeks. I owe you guys...hero=you. See you in January afternoon carpool line!


1 comments:

Lauren Lynch said...

Those kids are so lucky to have you as their mother! Now what are you doing blogging - get some sleep!