Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Vine Squash Borer

Remember our beautiful squash??? With all the crazy afternoon storms the wind got a bit crazy so the pool ended up in the garden...

And we thought the pool had smashed the vines, so I tediously watered and prayed my kids cheap plastic pool for the backyard didn't ruin our "crop"...but why just the squash????

Here's why, the squash vine borer. They wiped out our entire row of squash. Jerks.

I reluctantly pulled up all of the squash today so they don't attack our other plants (i don't even know if they can). I read on a site that I could try and dig the larvae out and rebury the vine in fresh soil. Sorry squash, I don't love you that much. Its super late in the season but we bought a bell pepper and watermelon plant today to fill the void. Again, squash vine borers, you are Jerks.
last week we found eggs...

This week, we found birds...

Buddytoad is now a household name, we all talk to him like hes part of the family.

And after the kids were gone for 4 days, Mad sure was happy to have her Chad back.

0 comments: