Wednesday, November 17, 2010

R.I.P Champion

It's never a good day when you come home to your fish swimming on his side...(especially when mommy is nauseous and hasn't eaten in days). I contemplated hiding the bowl and running out this morning to get a new one (which Ive done before), but then I decided she's 7, she mourned the loss of her fish Hannah when she was 6...we totally have this. Time for Fishy heaven ...she mourned, if not more than she did when she was 6, champion. She cried for a good solid 30 minutes. Heartbreaking, but comical. Maybe I lack that part in my brain that has compassion for a dead fish. It was a fish....you cant hold it, touch it, changing the bowl stinks, the fish doesn't pay you any attention...I don't get it. Have fun in Fishy Heaven Champion, it was nice to have you swim with us for a few months.

...and Madison has decided...NO MORE FISH! they die to 'early' she says. All was made better with 3 chocolate chip cookies for desert...that a girl!

1 comments:

Kim Lockhart said...

that post cracks me up! I too lack compassion for dead fish, good thing Q never noticed when her's died. Why? Because I was the one who took care of them after day 3. Fish are for eating not pets.