What a whirlwind! We moved, hung out for about a week and got settled and headed to Hilton Head for the last days of the summer...The kids had a great time, and loved having Chad with us. Beach post coming soon. We really are lucky to have him around, I think it is so so so SO good for the kids. In fact, he's picking Madison up from school today....she was so excited when I told her!
Yesterday, we headed out bright and early at 7:15 to Madison's new school. Luckily she has a friend at this school so although this new school is at least double the size of her old school, she knows ONE person and I think that's super comforting. She also is lucky enough to get to go home (on the bus!!!)with him 3 days a week as his mom is gracious enough to watch her while I work. I'm amazed at the wonderful people we know everywhere we go!

She had a GREAT first day and was ready to go back this morning. She loves her teacher, who actually grew up going to church with one of my friends from Young Harris...so shes got comfort everywhere she goes.
Not to have her first day one up-ed by her brother but...after we got home from dinner Chad took Alex's training wheels off for him. Hes been insisting that we do it since the ride home from the beach Tuesday. I swear, the kid knew he was ready. Mad didn't learn to ride a 2-wheeler until she was 6...so Alex pulling it off at 4 was quite impressive. Video to come soon...
This morning after we dropped Mad off in the carpool line we headed off to Alex's new school. He's going to the same school Madison did for pre-k and is actually in the same classroom she was in (different teachers though). When he met his teacher he didn't want anything to do with her or the classroom...so I was a bit worried about today. However, his attitude changed overnight and he walked in like a champ today.

I can't believe my baby is in Pre-k. Time goes way too fast.

Ready to play! In his sissy's old classroom.

We seem to be finding lots of 'comforting' things in our new schools...I take it as a sign that we are supposed to be here. I can't believe M and A are growing so fast!
2 comments:
i can't believe how big mad and a are!!! time has flown by! we need to get together soon.
so happy!
Post a Comment