I was THAT mom today.
I took the kids to the movies today. It was pretty empty, maybe 20-30 people in there. A KIDS movie. Halfway through the previews these 2 girls walk up the stairs (the kids and I were smack dab in the middle on the back row) They were younger, I'd say in their 20's, obnoxiously loud, and one row in front of us (all the way to the far right side). From the second they sat down they were just plain loud...and obnoxious (did I mention obnoxious). I tolerated them for about 20 minutes into the movie until Mad said, "I cant hear mom, those girls are too loud". They were making jokes, carrying on a conversation about someones boss, and cackling...seriously. Alex looked at me and said "the voice on the screen told us before the movie started that Silence is Golden, I cant hear because of those girls". I was that mom. I said "SHHHHHHHHHHHHH", I glared for a good 20 minutes, I even yelled "SHUT UP!" once. And it worked for a while, but then they got right back to jibber jabbering.
The movie ended. I sat there and stared at them. They were oblivious to the fact the movie had ended! I decided to hold my tongue and just leave, no need to embarrass my kids (yes Mads at the age where I can and will embarrass her). As we walked by, all I could smell was booze. I immediately went from pissed to enraged. Who gets boozed up and goes to watch a kids movie? Who ruins a movie for kids? Who goes to a kids movie with no kid and is louder than any kid in there?!?!? Enraged. So I told on them. Calmly, maturely told on them. Didn't embarrass Mad, and went on my way.
We stopped at the bathroom, the kids did their business and then played with the "super fast dryers" after they washed their hands for a good 5-10 minutes. We walked out, and there were the girls....talking to a cop! I thought to myself. I really am THAT mom. 5-10 years ago I maybe wouldn't have thought twice about 2 girls obnoxiously drinking through a movie. Today, I was one pissed off mom who was angry I paid 20 something dollars for my kids to have a fun 'surprise', and it was ruined by 2 girls. We ski-dattled. I didn't want any part of that mess. I wonder if the got arrested....jeez louise. I am THAT mom!
Dont booze and movie watch with me...Ill tell on you!
6 hours ago
1 comments:
I don't blame you - movies are WAY too expensive these days. They clearly were minors because the rest of us wouldn't waste $20 on getting drunk at a kids movie!
Post a Comment