Wednesday, September 23, 2009

honesty



Lets be honest.
Once I started teaching again, updating my blog became last on the list.
I barely have time to snap pictures.
Or capture moments.
Sometimes I feel like I clean, and yell(yes I yell), and threaten, and wipe noses, and make lunches more than I hang out with my kids.


This makes me sad.


Lets be honest. I'm overwhelmed. The kids haven't been to their dads in weeks....WEEKS. I will spare you the info in 'blogland'. But its not good. I am my children's Sole provider. I am their only parent these days. I have parents. I have a boyfriend. I have friends who are willing to help.They are all wonderful. They help. They entertain. But the fighter in me tells myself I can do it 'all by myself'. and I sure as heck try....but nights like tonight I feel like a bad mom. I would like a do-over for the day, if you will.

So I am going to make a conscious effort tomorrow morning to wake up as a better mom than I was today. I will only be stronger if I can overcome the mountain that has been placed in front of me. I pray about it. I stress about it. I loathe about it. Its not healthy. I should look past it and focus on my kids. They are all that really matter.

Lets be honest. Mad and Alex are awesome. No matter how hard my days are, I need never forget that...ever.