Tuesday, June 30, 2009

sleepovers

I love that Mad has friends (not that she wouldnt). I love that she goes to their houses and they come to ours. Playdates are wonderful. If shes gone the house is quiet and I'm down to a one child household. If she is here with a friend (aside from asking for a snack, or permission to do something) I am down to a one child household because they stay cooped up her room and play for hours.

I love sleepovers. Although they are alot of work for me when we have them here. I have to occupy Alex because he gets jealous, he wants to play with them and they don't let him. I have to deal with explaining to him why we have to let the girls play alone. The girls also need my attention, so its a balance between the two. Its time like these that I miss having a parenting partner to help juggle the craziness, however I don't miss 'him' as a parenting partner, because most likely he wouldn't have been that much help anyways. But at the end of the night when the girls are asleep and A is asleep in his bed I feel accomplished. I did it myself. I do it myself EVERY day.

I also love sleepovers because they remind me of being a little girl. They remind me of house hopping between my house and all of my elementary school girlfriends houses. They remind me of going a whole week and never sleeping in my own bed. The kids and I spend alot of time at the pool, as do all of Madisons friends and their siblings. I think my kids are officially 'pool rats'. Mad thinks its awesome that the lifeguards know her first name. As a former pool rat I could not be more proud of my kids being pool rats themselves. All of my childhood friends understand...we talk about it on facebook. :)


I love summer, and sleepovers.



2 comments:

Kim Lockhart said...

I'm proud of you.

Anonymous said...

i don't think we've ever met in person, but i totally follow your blog in my reader. i feel like i know you, and i'm glad you blog!

kim's friend heather