Tuesday, January 13, 2009

hiatus...again!

Yes, we are on Hiatus again...except this time its NOT because of the lack of Internet. Its because my mom and dad were awesome enough to buy me a new laptop for Christmas because I so desperately needed it for school...and I haven't downloaded my camera software onto it yet. and quite frankly after snapping so many photos during thanksgiving, Mads birthday and Christmas Ive been a bad mom and not been so photo loving with the kids. In fact I don't think Ive taken a picture of them yet this year, except for with my phone. Last light I snapped one of them with their underwear on their head...yes. those are my kids.
In the child rearing news though...we have started a bit of a 'snack boot camp' here...not because my kids are getting fat but because they are downright spoiled rotten! (sorry kids)
Mad has come to expect something sweet at all hours of the day, and if she doesn't get it she pitches a fit. Shes already a super picky eater (not Alex, he'll eat anything) so we are implementing a new meal plan around here. Its been kind of tough to start but shes starting to catch on. If you don't eat what I made you, you can go to bed hungry. Sorry bout your luck Chuck.
Both the kids are back into school again and into the swing of things...I started back at KSU yesterday and am glad to be back. I really didn't know what to do with my free Monday and Wednesday nights over the break. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed them, but I am somewhat demented in the head and see anytime that I am not in school or making money as wasted time...I guess that's been my mentality since I've become a single mom.
So..pictures to post soon. Oh, and Alex is having to go back and see his surgeon he saw almost 2 years ago. His lymph node has grown back and in bigger than it was to begin with...also...his hearing is being affected because he has sunken eardrums???(yea, I don't know either) but his tubes have fallen out and his Eustachian tubes are closed...and he has some crazy fluid build up in those little ears of his. So sometimes I may sound like Charlie Browns mom to him. Poor kid, cant catch a break. So please keep him in your thoughts...lets hope he doesn't have to have another surgery on his neck.

1 comments:

Britt said...

i LOVE the pic of you guys at the bottom of the page! here's to chaos- hope it's not getting crazier.